Home of the Yellow Jackets
Contact Information: Jennifer Yount
This site provides information about School Psychology practices and supports offered to staff, students, and parents at Irmo Elementary School.
What is a School Psychologist?
As outlined by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), “School psychologists are uniquely qualified members of school teams that support students' ability to learn and teachers' ability to teach. They apply expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior, to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. School psychologists partner with families, teachers, school administrators, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community.”
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS, STUDENTS, AND EDUCATORS:
Behavior interventions for educators and schools.
Behavior and social-emotional learning list for students and parents
Social and Emotional Learning for Parents
NAMI Resource Guide- Mid Carolinas
South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs
Family Connection of South Carolina
School District 5 Special Services
Resources for families coping with COVID-19 Pandemic:
National Association of School Psychologists- A Parent Resource
All Lexington and Richland School District 5 staff strive to implement the district’s initiatives for success which include the following:
- Focus on work decisions on/around our strategic plan
- Identify areas of achievement to improve.
- Provide “Chick-fil-A” and “Moe’s” like customer service for the internal and external community.
- Strengthen the structure and quality of communication both internally and externally.
- Promote a work and learning environment where students and staff feel safe physically, emotionally, and socially.