Enter to Learn - Go Forth to Serve
Dutch Fork High School
School Counseling DepartmentAMERICAN SCHOOL COUNSELING ASSOCIATION NATIONAL MODEL
All students at Dutch Fork High School are uniquely talented learners who will graduate meeting the profile of the South Carolina Graduate by engaging in personal inquiry and growth, social responsibility, and academic and career excellence.
The mission of the Dutch Fork High School Counseling Department is to provide a proactive, comprehensive, and developmentally appropriate program to address students' academic and career goals in addition to supporting their personal and social needs. This is accomplished through a partnership with parents/guardians, staff, and community members to enable all students to become successful, productive, contributing citizens and lifelong learners in a diverse and changing world.
Supporting student success in a diverse and changing world.
All school counselors at Dutch Fork High School believe:
- All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Every student can succeed.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community which leads to responsible and productive citizenship.
- The diverse needs of all students must be addressed through the school counseling program.
- Every student needs appropriate personal and social skills to achieve optimum benefits from the educational program.
- A comprehensive, developmental school counseling program is not a support service but an integral part of the total education program.
- A developmentally appropriate school counseling program provides important benefits to individual students by addressing their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and psychological needs.