Enter to Learn - Go Forth to Serve
Chromebook not working?
- Hybrid (In Person) Students: Take Broken Chromebook to Media Center M/T/TH/F - 8am-3pm (closed Wednesdays)
- FIVE (All Virtual) students: Complete the DFHS Student Chromebook Repair Request Form
- A D5 Technician will contact you about making an appointment for a repair.
- DFHS Chromebook Contact: Mrs Arlitta Eargle - aeargle @lexrich5.org 803-476-3357
- Students and parents may read all about District 5's technology plans and policies at the District's iFive Webpage
- The iFive Webpage also contains the Parent & Student Orientation Videos
- NEW students may get a Chromebook in the Media Center from 8am-3pm - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Chromebooks for 9th graders:
- 9th graders who have middle school Chromebooks should use those for school work.
- Starting Thursday Sept 10th, 9th graders may exchange their middle school chromebooks and chargers for the high school chromebooks and chargers.
- Hybrid Students: Exchanges will happen in the Media Center BEFORE school (8-8:20am) or during Homeroom (11:34-12:30pm; 1:37-2:00pm) with a note from the teacher. One at a time from Homeroom.
- In order to receive a new high school Chromebook, students need to bring their middle school chromebook and charger.
- Students must have the Chromebook AND charger at the same time. If a student does not have a charger, they will be billed for the cost of the charger ($20)
- 9th graders in the all online FIVE program should exchange their Chromebooks between 8am-3pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.
- 9th graders should try to exchange Chromebooks by September 29th.
Chromebook/Technology Information for ALL DFHS Students and Parents:All students who plan to use District technology resources (Chromebooks, computers, Google Accounts, etc,), will need to have their parents/guardians agree to the following 3 items in Registration Gateway:
- Acceptable Use Agreement (permission to use D5 Internet)
- iFive Mobile Device Agreement (permission to have D5 Chromebook)
- Online Accounts for Educational Resources Agreement (permission to use online accounts/COPPA)
Reminders for District-Issued Chromebooks:
- Each CB will be issued with a case and must remain in that case at all times
- Each student will receive a charger with the CB
- The case and charger are the responsiblity of the student
- Student/parent will have to replace case and charger if lost or damaged
- Students are expected to have a charged, working device at school each day
- Students should not write on or put stickers on the CB or case
- Each students will write his/her name on the card on the case
- CBs are covered for ONE ACCIDENTAL damage per year (Aug 1st-July 31st)
- Any additonal damages are the responsibility of the student/parent
- If CB is misused or abused, the student//parent is responsible for the cost of repair
- Damaged CBs must be reported to Media Center within 48 hours
- Missing CBs must be reported to Media Center within 48 hours
- Stolen CBs should be reported to the police in the location where they were stolen
- List of Chromebook Prices
Cleaning Your Chromebook:
- Watch this video for how to properly clean your Chromebook
- Clean screen with a soft, dry, antistatic, or microfiber cloth.
- Do NOT use window cleaner.
- Do NOT spray any time of liquid on the Chromebook directly.
- Lightly spray the cloth with water or a solution of 50% water/50% white distilled vinegar
- GENTLY clean the screen, keyboard and outside if necessary
- You may also use packaged pre-moistened eyeglass lens cleaning tissues.
- If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Eargle (email@example.com) in the Media Center.
Technology Fee 2020-21:
- Each student will pay a technology fee to cover use of computer labs, software, and other technology
- Students will NOT pay an insurance fee for use of Chromebook
- The Technology Fee is like other school fees and subject to free/reduced fees per district and state guidelines
- The Technology Fee amount will be posted here when available (expected to be $30-40)
Each student is expected to have a District-Issued Chromebook or other similar device for school (not cell phone).