Pursuing Excellence for Tomorrow's Challenges
Red Ribbon Week
October is Bully Prevention and Drug Awareness Month. Since 1985 the National Family Partnership has sponsored the annual National Red Ribbon Campaign. Parents and children began wearing Red Ribbons as a symbol of their commitment to raise awareness of the destruction caused by drugs in America. Today, the Red Ribbon serves as a catalyst to educate youth and encourage participation in drug prevention activities. The last full week in October, Chapin Intermediate School students will participate in the Red Ribbon Week activities listed below.
- Monday Wear Red Day Wear Your Red Ribbon.
- Tuesday Sock-It To Drugs Day Wear mismatched or Crazy Socks.
- Wednesday We "Can" Day Bring canned food for We Care.
- Thursday STOP! WALK! TALK! Wear Chapin Colors to show Unity.
- Friday Team-Up Against Drugs Wear your favorite sports shirt.