Leadership Magnet & Montessori Magnet - Proud to be a Title I School
Digital Resource Slides (Voice Typing, Google Read & Write & Bookshare)
Print Disability Resources Available to Students
- Bookshare® opens up the world of reading for people with print disabilities.If students cannot read traditional print books because of a visual impairment, physical disability or severe learning disability, Bookshare can help! Bookshare presentation
- Who Qualifies
- Preferred Tools
- iPad Users:
- **CAPTI- is a free app for reading Bookshare books on iOS. It has various text and audio reading options.
- Voice Dream Reader-is a paid app. This app allows you to change font size, displays images, provides both text and audio options, has note-taking capability, and supports several other reading features.
- Read2Go-is a paid app. This app has word-highlighting, audio, and displays images. Please note that Read2Go is an older app and therefore may not be updated in the future
- Chromebook Users:
- There is a free Web Reader. Once students are in the system, assign them books to read through the Reading Lists. When they log in on the Chromebook they'll find a link next to the book for “Read Now” which opens the book right in the Chrome browser. The Web Reader provides audio, word highlighting, and lots of font size and color options.
- Follett Shelf
- Students have access to ebooks and audio books. Book inventory varies between schools. Students can access the Follett shelf with a username and password distributed by the school.
- See Media Specialist for more details.
- TVISC- The Vision Institute - Resources
- CAST- Universal Design for Learning
- AEM- Accessible educational materials
Speech to Text/Text to Speech Options:
- iPad- Dragon Dictation app, Accessibility features
- Google Voice Typing
- Google Read & Write
- Students- 30 day trial for premium features
- Teachers- full version available- Register here
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Premium version of Read & Write for Google Chrome is Free for Teachers. If you are a teacher, use this form to enter your information, and you will receive a premium license. Do NOT enter student information on this page. Texthelp does not collect or store any Student Information. For your school or district to comply with FERPA and COPPA legislation you should NOT enter student information on this page.
- Google Read & Write support for Google Docs
- Google Read & Write support for the web
Apps to Explore -