Pursuing Excellence for Tomorrow's Challenges
GED Test Information
The GED® test is made up of the following types of questions:
- Multiple choice
- Drag and drop
- Hot spot (select an area)
- Fill in the blank
- Short answer
- Extended response
Each subject tests your skills and knowledge in the following topics:
- Math - Quantitative & algebraic problem solving (Test time: 115 minutes).
- Science - Life science, physical science, earth and space science (Test time: 90 minutes).
- Social Studies - Civics and government, U.S. history, economics, geography and the world (Test time: 90 minutes).
- Reasoning Through Language Arts - Ability to read closely, write clearly, and edit and understand written text (Test time: 150 minutes0.
Costs: The cost of the GED® test differs from state to state. The fee in SC is $37.50 per subtest for a total cost of $150.00. Test-takers receive a discount for retakes of subtests, currently retakes are $17.50 per subtest. Candidates must register and pay online at https://myged.com.
Please call 803-476-8230 for more information and to schedule registration for preparation classes at all locations. You can also pre-register by clicking here.