Career Pathways Magnet
8B - Honors World History
Honors World History
World History Honors meets the South Carolina Social Studies standards for Making of the Modern World. The honors course is designed to provide students with the analytical skills, factual knowledge, and writing proficiency to deal critically within the context of World History. The focus of the course will be on the exchanges and growing interdependence between and among regions of the world beginning in the fourteenth century. The development of empires and nation states led to colonial resistance and conflict that continues to shape the modern world. Reading, writing and listening skills will be addressed through instructional methods which include simulations, discussions, lecture, and document based writing experiences.
Differentiation within the Honors World History curriculum may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- In-depth analysis of primary sources, maps, graphs, and other sources of information
- Well-written DBQ essays
- Recognition and analysis of bias within a variety of sources
- Analysis of similarities and differences in world history
- Formulation of predictions, development of arguments, and justification of opinion
- Participation in and understanding of simulations, debates, seminars, and/or mock trials
- Justification of responses
- Formulation of connections and relationships across standards and content
Please access the course syllabus here. The calendar below it will show the due dates for assignments and tests.