Home of the Yellow Jackets
Phone: (803) 476-4200
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science Master of Education Special Education - ED (K-12) Special Education - Pre-school
Ms. Amy Taylor
Welcome to the wonderful world of learning, living and growing together!
My name is Amy Taylor, and I have the opportunity to teach exceptional children at Irmo Elementary School. I entered teaching as a second career. This is my tenth year teaching with a fantastic team of special educators. After graduating from Wofford College with a Bachelor of Science, and from Winthrop University with a Master of Education in Mental Health Counseling, I began counseling children and their families. Later, I was able to remain at home with my children before re-entering the work world. I am mom to 3 amazing humans (ages 20, 18, and 13) who keep me focused on always trying to make the world a better place for them, others and myself. We laugh a lot along the way and enjoy the adventure of living!
Top 10 Factoids about Ms. Taylor
1. Getting lost in thriller and suspense books.
2. Salt air and water ~ the beach is my go-to spot.
3. College football season!
4. Laughing so hard you cry is the best
5. Giving back and volunteering is important
6. Lifelong friends are a treasure.
7. I often think out loud to myself.
8. I like to make up songs to help me remember things or to announce something totally silly.
9. My cat is named Chicken.
10. Plants, dirt, yard tools ~ all therapeutic for me, a day in the yard helps sort things out.