International School for the Arts
What is VirtualSC?
VirtualSC is a free state-sponsored online program serving students currently attending public, private and home schools in grades 6-12 and Adult Education Programs.
Why meeting with your School Counselor MUST be your first step?
Your School Counselor will be the one to approve your enrollment in a VirtualSC course. Advisement with your School Counselor prior to enrolling will prevent delays in the registration process. There are District forms that will need to be signed by the student and the parent prior to the School Counselor’s approval. Without these forms, your enrollment will not be approved.
For additional information on Distance, Online and Virtual Education, please refer to the District Course Catalog, page 5: HERE
IMPORTANT NEED TO KNOW TIPS!
- Registration Dates and Deadlines will be adhered to. Adhere to Drop Dates as all grades will be recorded to your Official Transcript based on the SC UGP an District Five Policies.
- Students must register using their current grade level, whether requesting a Credit Recovery Course or an Initial Credit Course.
- Initial Credit Courses require a Proctor Final Exam. That date will be advertised on the VirtualSC Website and shared with students who register for an Initial Credit Course. You must be available to attend on the date specified. During the Fall and Spring Semesters the Final Exam date is a school day. During the Summer, the date is usually the last week of July.
- District Policy requires the Credit Recovery option is available based on earning a failing final grade of 50-59 in an Initial Credit Course.
- The final grade reported for a VirtualSC Credit Recovery and Initial Credit courses will follow SC UPG and the District’s grading policies.
FINAL EXAM PLANNING TIPS!
- Students must use the Google Form provided on the VirtualSC site to select a time on the date specified to take the final exam.
- There is usually only one testing day.
- On the day of the test:
- Bring your USERNAME AND PASSWORD
- Make sure your have read your teacher instructions and bring any APPROVED testing materials.
Contact your School Counselor and visit https://virtualsc.org/ for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This information comes from the VirtualSC Program.
Please Note: Counselor approval does not guarantee placement into a course. If a student requests a waitlisted course, they will be placed into a section should a seat become available.