Learning & Growing Since 1997
PE At Home Resources
What’s up students and parents!
I hope everyone is staying safe out there and I will miss teaching you in PE class while we are not at school, but the good news is you already have all the skills, tools and knowledge you need to keep your body healthy.
I hope you can use all that we’ve learned in PE this year to stay active each day and if it’s safe and the weather is nice you could even try to get outside and play in your yards to keep yourselves active.
I’ve included some daily workouts for you to try out and also linked up a ton of resources and activities that you can check out if you get bored or need a fun activity to do.
If you want, you can have your parents tag me on Twitter or Instagram @thePEspecialist if you are working on any of these activities, I’d love to connect with you and see what you are up to.
Stay Safe, Have Fun and Keep Yourself Active!
PE At Home SUPPLEMENTAL Resources
Please find lots of supplemental resources, activities and ideas to stay active at home below:
Optional Skills Review
If you have any of the equipment below (frisbee, ball, jump rope, balloon etc), you can practice reviewing or working on any of the skills that we’ve learned in PE class this year.
- Jump Rope: If you have a jump rope, you can review some of the Single Jump Rope Tricks we learned in PE, or if you have a sibling or family member you could even try out some of the Partner Tricks we learned
- Throwing and Catching: If you have space in your yard and it’s safe to go outside, try to practice throwing and catching with a family member with a ball or a frisbee
- Striking a Balloon (awesome activity for K-2nd Grade)
- Blow up a balloon and practice striking it with different items in your house (or different body parts)
- What is the hardest item or body part to control the balloon with? What’s your record for the most number of hits without moving your feet?
- Here’s an example of this balloon striking activity
- Basketball: If you have a basketball or playground ball, practice some of the ball handling drills and challenges that we worked on in PE over the last few weeks
Online Fitness Resources and Activities for PE at Home
- Free Customizable Kid Workout Program (Sworkit)
- Sign up for Sworkit and use them for follow along workouts for kids
- (they have a free kids workouts for anyone to use after signing up and they are even customizable and have student examples for all of the follow along workouts, just click on the “Kids Workouts” section after logging in)
- Free One Page Paper Workouts from Darebee.com (Pick any of them here)
- 4 minute warmup: https://darebee.com/workouts/4-minute-warmup-workout.html
- Beginner Circuit: https://darebee.com/workouts/beginner-circuit-workout.html
- Quick HIIT: https://darebee.com/workouts/quick-hiit-workout.html
- Online Follow Along Workouts
- Follow Along Dances:
- Practice or learn a popular Line Dance
- Tons of at Home Activities and Resources
- Active Home Resources from OPEN Phys Ed
- Activity Log:
- Keep an activity log and track your activity over the break from school
- Activity Calendar (do 1 activity per day)
Follow Along PE Classes from Other PE Teachers
Still need some more ideas - check out these follow along videos from some of my PE Friends: