Learning & Growing Since 1997
Resources to Support Parents during COVID-19
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources
What is SEL?: Social and Emotional Learning is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
A Parent's Resource Guide to Social and Emotional Learning - Click here for a list of articles and videos for parents about fostering skills like kindness, empathy, resilience, perseverance, and focus in children.
Mind Yeti: Mind Yeti is a library of research-based guided mindfulness sessions that help kids and adults calm their minds.
Class Dojo Social Emotional Learning: There are several topics covered including moods and attitudes, positive thinking, and mindfulness.
The Imagine Neighborhood: This is a great link for children in PreK-2nd grade. The Imagine Neighborhood is a podcast designed to help children and their parents/guardian(s) grow their social-emotional skills.
- 30 Great Educational Netflix Shows for Kids
- Nickelodeon YouTube - checkout the #KidsTogether series for videos about COVID-19.
- Watch the animals on the San Diego Zoo live webcams! San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium has live webcams of their sea animals! Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Stuck at Home Science: Activities for families using household supplies
- Take a trip to a National park - National Parks to Explore
- Make your own slime - Colorful Slime
- Road Trip from Home: Virtual Field Trips!
- Virtual COVID-19 Friendly Field Trips Around the World
- Electricity for Kids: Fun experiments, free games, and more!
- Here are 25 fun, non-screen activities you can do at home