Home of the Ballentine Bears
Technology Back Up Plan
This page is where you can find lessons and activities for virtual days when we experience technical issues.
Math - Choose two activity from the list:
1.Watch the tutorial about Place Value. Write three things you can learn from this video.
2.Play Scooter Quest. Write five of your own place value problems.
3.Play fruit Splat Illustrate any three digit number using a base ten model, like you saw in the game.
4.Place Value matching game Crate your own matching game like the one you saw in the game.
5.Write out five place value questions.
Reading: Pick two activities
1. With either your independent reading book or a book remember, who was the main character and how do you know?
2. With either your independent reading book or a book remember, what was the setting and how did it impact the story?
3. With either your independent reading book or a book remember, what was the problem in the story and hpow was it solved?
4. What is favorite genre (type) of book and why?
5. Read independenly for 30 minutes, and write a summary on what you read.
Choose two writing prompts from the menu below and write a paragraph for each. A paragraph has at least five sentences. Be sure to watch your spelling and punctuation.
1. What was the most interesting book you read, and why?
2. Do you think children should wear school uniforms to school? Why or why not?
3. Who is a famous person you would like to spend a day with? Why and what would you talk about with this person?
4. What was the most interesting thing you have ever learned? When did you learn it, who did you learn it from and why do you find
5. If you were prinicipal for a day at Ballentine Elementary school, what changes would you make, and why?