"We Love and Grow Our Students!"
School District Five of Lexington-Richland Counties is committed to promoting a work and learning environment where students and staff feel safe physically, emotionally and socially. The district is proud to provide benefits to employees through partnerships with PEBA and Colonial Life Insurance, and more to ensure faculty and staff are taking the necessary steps to protect their health and live a healthy lifestyle, including mind and body.
To begin, first review the PEBA Insurance Summary booklet for this year’s offerings and changes.
PEBA strongly encourages you to register into your MyBenefits link to view your account and make changes. You may speak with Caren Carmichael and Debbie Rennhack should you have questions; along with our supplemental carrier, Colonial Life for a virtual appointment on assistance.
Register with Colonial life for a virtual appointment and learn more about their 3 products: short term disability, life insurance or the cancer plan; and other details. More information will be forthcoming but to start, recognize that:
- You must enroll in your medical spending or dependent daycare accounts for 2021.
- You can add vision but you can not add dental this year. You can change dental plans next year.
- You can drop/add dependents from health, vision or life insurance and you can change health plans, if desired.
- You can add the Standard Long Term Disability plan with no medical questionnaire or upgrade from the 180 day plan to the 90 day plan.
- You can add up to 50,000 in optional life insurance with no medical questionnaire for yourself.
Visit the School District Five Open Enrollment webpage to begin enrollment or make changes to your current plan.
Have a question? Fill out the google form to reach a member of the School District Five Benefits team!
Thank you for participating in School District Five's Benefits programs.