Pursuing Excellence for Tomorrow's Challenges
2021 Graduation Information for School District Five of Lexington & Richland Counties
Lexington-Richland School District Five will hold in-person, outdoor graduation ceremonies on June 18 and June 19. We are proud to honor our seniors and celebrate this milestone event for the class of 2021 and their families.
Below are important details for seniors and their guests choosing to participate in 2021 graduation ceremonies. Graduation ceremonies in School District Five will be livestreamed, and links have been posted.
Ceremonies in School District Five will occur at the following locations and times:
- IHS Graduation - Friday, June 18: 8 a.m. @ Irmo High School Stadium (W. C. Hawkins Stadium)
- SHHS Graduation - Friday, June 18: 7 p.m. @ Irmo High School Stadium (W.C. Hawkins Stadium)
- CHS Graduation - Saturday, June 19: 8 a.m. @ Chapin High School Stadium (Cecil Woolbright Stadium)
- DFHS Graduation - Saturday, June 19: 7 p.m. @ Dutch Fork High School Stadium
GRADUATE GUEST ADMISSION PROCESS - Updated 6.11.21
Graduates will be allowed six guests, and guests must arrive and enter the ceremony site with their graduate. Tickets will not be issued (i.e. Graduates are the “ticket” for guest admission into the ceremony facility).
General Admission *NEW*
In addition to allowing graduates to have six guests for graduation ceremonies, the district will permit general admission after graduates and their guests arrive.
Graduates and their six guests are still asked to arrive at their designated times. This allows us to give priority seating to family members/graduate guests.
- 8 a.m. Graduation Ceremonies: General admission will be allowed between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. for morning ceremonies, until venues reach capacity.
- 7 p.m. Graduation Ceremonies: General admission will be allowed between 6:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. for evening ceremonies, until venues reach capacity.
Please Note: General admission guests are not guaranteed entry if capacity has been reached at venues. Members of the public seeking entry during general admission times are not required to arrive with graduates and should report to the gates during the designated general admission times for each ceremony.
GRADUATE/GUEST ARRIVAL & SEATING
Arrival will begin at 6:30 a.m. for graduates and their guests attending our 8 a.m. morning graduations. Arrival will begin at 5:30 p.m. for graduates and their guests attending our 7 p.m. evening graduations. Graduate arrival times and general admission are as follows:
8 a.m. Graduation Ceremonies
- 6:30am-6:45am Last Names A-F
- 6:45am-7:00am Last Names G-L
- 7:00am-7:15am Last Names M-R
- 7:15am-7:30am Last Names S-Z
GENERAL ADMISSION *NEW*
7 p.m. Graduation Ceremonies
- 5:30pm-5:45pm Last Names A-F
- 5:45pm-6:00pm Last Names G-L
- 6:00pm-6:15pm Last Names M-R
- 6:15pm-6:30pm Last Names S-Z
GENERAL ADMISSION *NEW*
INCLEMENT WEATHER PLANS - Updated 6.11.21
In case of inclement weather, graduation ceremonies will be held indoors (at each school site including SHHS) at the same scheduled graduation times. Graduates will still be permitted six guests, and guests must still arrive with their graduates.
Any inclement weather plan announcements will be made a few days prior to graduation ceremonies, using the district’s automated system, websites and social media.
SAFETY GUIDELINES & PARKING
Safety is a top priority in School District Five. Please review the following safety guidelines, which will be in place at graduation ceremonies:
- Security: Metal detectors will be used, law enforcement and safety officials will be present, and the district’s clear bag requirement will be enforced. Noisemakers are prohibited. No re-entry allowed.
- Graduate & Guests masks: Graduates and their families are encouraged to follow current district, CDC and DHEC guidelines for face coverings. Visit www.cdc.gov or www.scdhec.gov.
- Sanitation stations: Hand sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the ceremony site for guests and graduates.
- Graduate seating: Graduate seating will be placed on the field per social distancing guidelines.
- Guest seating: Guest seating has been sectioned off to encourage social distancing.
- Dismissal: Guests will be dismissed by section to avoid crowding. We ask that all guests remain seated until they are dismissed (per section) by safety officials.
- Restrooms: A limited number of restrooms will be accessible during graduation ceremonies.
- Refreshments: Water will be provided for graduates, but water will not be provided for guests and concessions will not open for graduation ceremonies. Guests are permitted to bring sealed bottles of water, but coolers will not be allowed.
- Parking: Information on graduate/guest parking and handicap parking, including site maps, will be posted on the district website at www.lexrich5.org/graduation prior to the event.
- Safety announcements: Safety guidelines and reminders will be announced throughout graduation ceremonies.
- Emergency procedures: In the case of an emergency, guests are asked to seek help from safety officials and/or law enforcement officials who will be located throughout the site. Medical staff will be present at graduation ceremonies.
GRADUATE DRESS CODE
Graduation is an important event, and professional attire will be required while adjusting for outdoor temperatures. Due to our outdoor graduation ceremonies this year, dress code will be as follows:
- Graduation robes and caps will be worn during the ceremony. Graduates will not be permitted to wear decorations or any other adornment on their graduation caps.
- Due to football field surfacing, high heels are strongly discouraged. Wedged-heel shoes, wide-heel shoes, and flat dress shoes are encouraged.
- Long-sleeved or short-sleeved dress shirts, dresses and long pants are permissible.
GRADUATION PROGRAM/ORDER - Updated 6.11.21
School District Five strives to make graduation a memorable experience for graduates and their families. We are proud to honor our seniors and celebrate this milestone event for the class of 2021.
All outdoor graduation ceremonies (IHS, SHHS, CHS, and DFHS) will now include processionals, and graduates will march in and out of ceremonies.
Graduates and guests should still arrive at their designated times. After entry with their guests, graduates will be directed to areas where they will be ordered for the processional.
Please Note: In case of inclement weather, program adjustments may be needed.
Graduation is a major milestone for our students and our parents, and School District Five is committed to making these ceremonies safe, celebratory events that honor all the steps students have taken to get to this point in their lives.
This is a voluntary event for seniors and their guests. For questions about graduation, contact your school or the district office: https://www.lexrich5.org/domain/2527. We look forward to celebrating the Class of 2021 at our upcoming graduation ceremonies in June.