Registration at a Glance


    Intake/Orientation is the process by which we enroll new students.  We conduct Intake/Orientation on a monthly basis.  This multi-day process includes registration paperwork, program overview, and placement testing.  Potential Adult Education students are given the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). We use the test results to create a personalized education plan for each individual student. 

    STEP 1: 


    • Use the link provided on our site to pre-register by the due date. 
    • You must pre-register in order to attend intake/orientation. 
    • An Adult Education staff member will call to schedule your Intake/Orientation appointment

    STEP 2:


    • $60 registration fee due by the last day of orientation.  Payment plans are available if you are unable to pay the full registration fee.  You will not be able to begin classes unless the fee is paid or a payment plan has been established prior to individual counseling.

    Forms of payment:  Cash, Check, Money Order, Credit/Debit Card (online system)


    *NOTE:  Students eligible for DSS assistance who receive only SNAP benefits can qualify for waiver of enrollment fees.  Students must bring one of

    these two forms: CAP2 or CAIN and a DSS referral form.

    • State Photo ID

    • Are you planning to enroll in GED, Diploma or an Enrichment program?  

      • Diploma – you will need to bring an official transcript from the last high school attended.  If you are 17-21, you will also need to bring an official

    withdrawal form from the last high school attended. 

    • GED – if you are 17 – 21, you will need to bring an official transcript and an official withdrawal form from last high school attended

    • Permission to Enroll Letter -  ALL 17-year-old students must obtain a “Permission to Enroll” letter from the Student Services Officer prior to

     orientation.  Please call 803-476-8121 to make an appointment.  You will not be able to attend Orientation without

    this letter.

    • Vehicle Tag Number to receive an Adult Education parking pass (if driving)



    Important: Students who were previously served under an IEP who wish to be considered for accommodations will need to contact Dr. Elizabeth Fisher at 803-476-8231 or prior to orientation.