Home of the Silver Foxes
Meet our Administrators
Mr. Vernon Sava, PrincipalEXPERIENCE:This is Mr. Sava’s 5th year serving as the Principal of Dutch Fork Middle School and his 9th year as a school administrator. Prior to serving as an administrator, Mr. Sava taught at St. Andrews Middle School in Richland One for two years, and Dutch Fork Middle School for six years. Shortly after being named the 2012-2013 Dutch Fork Middle School Teacher of the Year, Mr. Sava was promoted to an Assistant Principal at Dutch Fork Middle and then later transferred to Irmo Middle School. Mr. Sava credits the accomplishments of Dutch Fork Middle School to the long history of professionals that work or have worked at Dutch Fork, along with the amazing students, and supportive parents and community.EDUCATION:
- University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Arts, Geography (2003)
- University of South Carolina, Master of Teaching, Secondary Education (2004)
- Capella University, Master of Science in Education, Leadership in Educational Administration (2009)
Mr. Sava enjoys spending time with his wife, Michelle, and his three children, Allison, Kaylee, and Blake. When time permits, Mr. Sava enjoys reading, doing yard work, bowling, and binge-watching Netflix.
Mrs. Tara Safriet, API
EXPERIENCE:This is Mrs. Safriet's 28th year in School District Five. This is Mrs. Safriet's 3rd year with the Dutch Fork Middle School family. Prior to DFMS, she served as Assistant Principal for Instruction at CrossRoads Intermediate for 7 years. Prior to an administrative role, Mrs. Safriet taught pre-algebra for 13 years at CrossRoads. During that time she became National Board Certified in Early Adolescent Mathematics. Additionally, she has teaching experience at Chapin Middle and River Springs Elementary.EDUCATION:
INTERESTS:Mrs. Safriet enjoys spending time with her family. She loves to cook and garden in her spare time.
- Clemson University - Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education -1994
- University of South Carolina - Master of Education in Educational Administration - 2009
Mrs. LuAnn Graul, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Graul began her career as a fourth grade teacher in Aiken County. She then moved to School District Five of Lexington and Richland Counties. She taught 7th grade mathematics for twenty-five years.
- University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (1992)
- University of South Carolina, Master of Education in Elementary Education (1996)
- University of South Carolina, Master of Education in Educational Administration (2009)
Mrs. Graul and her husband have four children. William is a student at the University of South Carolina. Eddy is a student at Interlochen Arts Academy. Lily and Riley are students at Dutch Fork High in the STEM program. The Grauls have two dogs, two cats, a turtle, and a parakeet. She enjoys reading in her spare time.
Mr. Reed Gunter, Assistant Principal
EXPERIENCE:Mr. Gunter is coming from Dutch Fork High School where he was an Administrative Assistant Principal. This is Mr. Gunter’s first year as an administrator at Dutch Fork Middle School. Prior to his role as an administrator, Mr. Gunter was a teacher at Dutch Fork Middle School where he taught ELA for ten years.EDUCATION:
INTERESTS:In his spare time, he enjoys reading, cooking, and spending time with his wife, Liz, and daughter, Peyton.
- BA University of South Carolina (Middle Level Education)
- M.Ed. Columbia College (Divergent Learning)
- Ed. University of South Carolina (Education Administration)