"We Love and Grow Our Students!"
DISTRICT FIVE BUS DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must not have more than 4 current points on their license or more than 4 points on their license in the previous 12 months
- Applicants must not have had their license suspended in the previous 12 months for a moving violation
- Applicants must not be taking Insulin by injection
- All Applicants will be administered a pre-employment drug screening and must be able to pass a Department of Transportation Physical exam
- Upon your application being approved by our Director of Transportation, applicants must take a 20 hour State bus driving class and pass a written test
- Upon completing the FMCSA physical and passing the school bus driver class, applicants must go to the DMV with their physical card in hand and take 4 written tests. We will help prepare all applicants for these 4 tests with Study materials and CDL manuals. The 4 tests are as follows:
1. General Knowledge Test (50 multiple choice)
2. Air Brake Test (25 multiple choice)
3. Passenger Endorsement Test (20 multiple choice)
4. Federal ‘School Bus’ Endorsement Test (15 multiple choice)
- Upon passing these 4 tests ($2.50 each), the candidate will be issued a Class ‘B’ Commercial Beginner’s Permit with ‘P’ and ‘S’ endorsements
- Candidates must bring the new permit to Bob Hare’s office, located in the District Transportation Office in the Dutch Fork bus lot behind Dutch Fork Middle School
- Candidates will then be assigned a district driver/trainer and receive the actual ‘Behind The Wheel’ driving training (Min. 20 hours) in preparation for the CDL tests and the State Department of Education bus driving certificate test
- Upon becoming completely licensed, applicants will meet with Mr. Weissman, our Director of Transportation, to discuss employment.