Pursuing Excellence for Tomorrow's Challenges
Dear New Strings Parents:
Welcome to the CIS Strings Program! I look forward to meeting your child very soon! I am delighted to be your strings teacher here at CIS. I am so excited to begin our 2019 orchestra year!
The strings program is part of the core curriculum of District 5 of Lexington and Richland counties. Strings Instruction is available through the twelfth grade. Classes are scheduled during the day and meet every other day on either A or B days.
In order to participate and experience success in the program, your child will need an instrument, instruction book, and related accessories.
On the first days of school I will measure your child for the correct size instrument.
- I’ll send home a paper that says “Take this sheet to the music store” with the correct instrument size, a list of accessories, and a list of local music stores.
- As soon as students obtain their instrument they may start bringing it to class.
- Parents have two weekends to procure an instrument before the deadline, September 2.
- Feel free to email me if you have any further questions! email@example.com
- Cellos and basses that are rented for school use ($50 for the whole year) from District 5, if your student takes the bus.
· All cello and bass students also need an instrument at home for practice.
Studying a musical instrument is an exceptional way to enrich a child’s life. It is a “hands on” creative experience which provides many stimulating cognitive benefits such as improved listening, reading and math skills. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to help your child move forward with their accomplishments! Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns! I’m looking forward to a wonderful year together.
Mary H. Hoyt