Home of the Ballentine Bears
Parent involvement in the child's education is key to the child's success. There are many ways that you can become involved in your child's education - through assisting with homework, volunteering in the classroom or at the school, and being a member of school organizations and committees. Listed below are links that can provide you with information about two very important organizations - our PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) and the SIC (School Improvement Council).
Welcome to the Ballentine PTO pages! If you have a student at Ballentine you are a member of the BES PTO. There is no fee to join.
Jump in and start volunteering, there are many opportunities for you to be involved at Ballentine. Please contact one of the officers or someone on the PTO Committee Chairpersons page, we can always use your help and we are here to help answer questions as well as get you involved in your school.
The Ballentine Elementary School Improvement Council (SIC) is an advisory committee that assists the principal in several areas:
• developing and monitoring of school improvement
• preparing the annual school summary report
• providing service on the use of school incentive grant awards
• providing assistance as the principal may request
• representing Ballentine Elementary on district advisory committee