Committed to Excellence for All Students
Chapin Elementary School Improvement Council By-Laws
Each school board shall establish a school improvement council at each school in
accordance with the provisions of the 1984 Act #512, Part II, S9, Division II, SubdivisionE, Subpart @, Subsection & 2 (Code of Laws S59-20-60(3)). Pursuant to this Act, thefollowing are By-Laws of the Chapin Elementary School Improvement Council.
ARTICLE I: Goals and Activities
Section 1. The Mission of Chapin Elementary School Improvement Council is to make recommendations to the Principal to assist him/her in making decisions on school related issues, programs, goals and activities. In order to accomplish this task, the council shall:
* Assist in the development, implantation and evaluation of the five year school improvement plan (aka the school renewal plan.)
* Write the school’s Annual School Improvement Report to Parents, which provides information on the school’s progress in meeting school and district goals and objectives, due for distribution by April 30 each year.
* Prepare the annual narrative for the S. C. Report Card, in conjunction with the principal
* Serve as a liaison between the school, school organizations, the community, and the local school board by collecting and disseminating pertinent information
* Provide other assistance that the principal may request as well as carrying out any other duties prescribed by the local school board
* Provide advice on the use of school incentive award expenditures (if allocated by the State Legislature and awarded to the school.