Enter to Learn - Go Forth to Serve
Who: Class of 2019 and guests
When: May 31, 2019 at 4:00pm
Where: Colonial Life Arena
There is no limit to the number of guests that can attend graduation. Doors at Colonial Life Arena will open at 3:30 p.m.
Class of 2019 Graduation
Dear Parents of Seniors,
It is almost time for graduation, and I know you are very excited about this event. We are very proud of all the graduates of the Class of 2019. This letter should answer all questions that you have about Dutch Fork High School’s graduation ceremony. Please read each bulleted item with your senior.
- Senior Exams are May 20 - 23. Seniors will be told by their teachers about exam exemption. Please check with individual teachers if you have questions about exemption.
- District Chromebooks. All District Chromebooks, cases, and chargers must be returned by Wednesday, May 22. Chromebooks will ONLY be collected from 11:15 am to 1:00 pm on May 20, 21, and 22. Students MUST make arrangements to return Chromebooks during these dates and times. Details about Chromebook collection will be available on the school website on the Technology page (under Resources). The information will also be posted in the Graduation 2019 Google Classroom.
- Textbooks. The last day to return textbooks is May 23.
- Senior Celebration is Thursday, May 30 at 6:30 p.m. All parents of seniors are invited to attend the assembly in the DFHS arena. Please talk with your senior about attending this event because this assembly is a tradition at DFHS and one that all parents and seniors enjoy. The celebration is for all seniors to celebrate this season in their lives as a class; it is not only for honor students. We will adjourn at 8:00 p.m. to the stadium for Senior Sundown
- Dress Code for Senior Celebration. Senior males should wear a dress shirt and dress slacks (can be khakis). Senior females should wear a dress, skirt and blouse, or pants outfit with dress shoes or dress sandals. All attire must meet DFHS dress code regulations.
- Graduation Practice is Wednesday, May 29 at 1:00 p.m. in the DFHS Arena. All candidates for graduation must attend this practice. The practice should be over by 3:00 p.m. Attendance for graduation practice is mandatory, but if a student needs to miss the practice for an emergency or extenuating circumstance, the parent of the student must contact Molly Dawson via email at email@example.com.
- Debts. According to District Five Board Policy, a senior who owes any debts to DFHS will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony, and the student’s diploma will be held until all debts are paid. All end-of-year debts must be paid in full (cash, check, credit card, or money order) before graduation. The last day to pay debts is May 29 at noon.
- Graduation Requirements. Seniors must have earned all 24 units required for graduation in order to be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Attendance. A student can be denied credit for a course passed if he or she has exceeded the number of allowable absences in that course. Please check with the attendance office or with Christian English if you have concerns about attendance.
- Graduation Supplies. All seniors who plan to participate in the graduation ceremony must have purchase a cap, gown, and diploma cover from Rhodes Graduation Services. Please contact RGS at 800.485.4503 or see Ms. Dawson in room 228 if you have not done this. Students will receive the diploma cover as they walk across the stage. If you have earned a major and have not purchased the stole to represent your major, see Ms. Dawson in room 228. The stoles are $12; checks will NOT be accepted.
Graduation will be Friday, May 31 at 4:00 p.m. in the Colonial Life Arena
- Dress Code for Graduation. Senior males should wear a white dress shirt and tie and dress slacks (khakis are acceptable). Any type of athletic shoe or Crocs are not acceptable. Senior females should wear a dress or skirt and blouse with dress shoes or dress sandals. Seniors may wear any honor cords or stoles they have earned that are presented to them by a DFHS academic organization. Students are not allowed to wear anything other than the traditional graduation regalia. That includes monogramming stoles and mortar board embellishments.
- Graduate Parking. Seniors will need to arrive at the Blossom Street Garage, 1244 Blossom Street, by 3:00 p.m. A shuttle designated for graduates ONLY will take the students to the Colonial Life Arena; the shuttle ride to Colonial Life Arena (CLA) is 15 minutes. There is no charge for graduates to park in this garage.
- Graduates Report. Graduates must report to the loading dock entrance (back of building) of the CLA by 3:15 p.m. to line up. There will be a security check at the graduate entrance.
- Guests. Doors open for friends and family of the graduates at 3:30 p.m. No tickets are required for graduation. Each graduate may invite as many guests as needed. The graduation ceremony should be over by 5:30 p.m.
- COLONIAL LIFE ARENA IS A CLEAR BAG POLICY BUILDING. Bags are not encouraged, but the following outlines the bags are are permitted:
- Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” --A logo no larger than 4.5” x 3.4” can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” --approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items (after proper inspection and tagging)
The arena does not allow items listed below to be brought in by patrons:
- Aerosol cans
- Outside Food and Beverages
- Animals (except certified service animals for the disabled)
- Beach balls, balloons, and other inflatables
- Bullhorns, air horns, or other noise makers
- Tripods (Uni-pods only)
- Confetti or Stickers
- Concealed Firearms, Mace, Tasers, or other weapons
- Fireworks or Explosives
- Class bottles or aluminum cans
- Ice chests (coolers) or thermos containers
- Laser pointers
- iPads and Tablets
- Skateboards or roller blades
- Sticks or clubs (including sticks attached to signs)
- Stools or folding chairs
- Water bottles or mugs
- Posters or Banners
- Flowers in vase (wrapped only)
- CLA requests that you please do not hold seats for those who have not yet arrived.
- CLA Handicapped Seating. All wheelchair patrons are met at CLA’s doors and seated. One family member is allow to sit with this patron.
- CLA Questions. If any families have general questions about the graduation ceremonies, please call the CLA guest services at 803.576.9062.
- Guest Parking. Please visit the Graduation page on the DFHS website for more information about parking. https://www.lexrich5.org/Domain/4285
- After the ceremony. Families will need to meet their graduate on the Greene Street side of the arena following the ceremony. CLA does not permit graduates to reenter the arena after they exit the loading dock area.
- The graduation ceremony will be live streamed on the district website and live on the district’s Facebook page.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed and available for download via the district website.
- GradImages® is the official photographer at the graduation ceremony. View and order photos by visiting www.gradimages.com or go to the website and click on Pre-Event Email Registration. Enter your email and up to six email addresses of loved ones who would like to share in your accomplishment by viewing and ordering your photos.
- Final transcripts and diplomas will be mailed home in June. Transcripts will also be mailed to colleges and universities at this time. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Office of School Counseling of where the transcript should be sent.
Please contact me if you have questions or concerns. Email is the most efficient method of communicating so that I can respond in a timely manner. You can also access any graduation information via the DFHS web page https://www.lexrich5.org/Domain/4285. Congratulations to you and your senior!
Molly Dawson, Graduation Advisor
Other Important Upcoming Dates:
- Graduation supply orders should already be complete (including payment). If you have not ordered a cap, gown, tassel, and diploma cover (the items required for participation in the graduation ceremony), please visit rhodesgraduation.com as soon as possible to order and pay for those items.
- March 15 is the first graduation supply delivery
- 9:30-3:30 in the gym lobby area
- If you have completed a major and wish to buy a stole to wear to graduation to reflect that accomplishment, you may BUY STOLES FOR $12 (cash only) on this day
- supplies will not be delivered to students who have not completed payment for their items--and only cash and money order (no checks) will be accepted on delivery day
- April 25 is the makeup day for graduation supply delivery
- 11:30-2:00 in the gym lobby area
- May 29 at 1:00 pm is graduation practice--it is mandatory
- May 30 at 6:30 pm is Senior Celebration