Pursuing Excellence for Tomorrow's Challenges
School District Five announces 2021 graduation dates
Lexington-Richland School District Five will hold in-person graduation ceremonies for the class of 2021. Ceremonies for Chapin High School (CHS), Dutch Fork High School (DFHS), Irmo High School (IHS) and Spring Hill High School (SHHS) will be held at the district’s three high school football stadiums.
- Friday, June 18 and Saturday, June 19
- Irmo High School Graduation - Friday, June 18:
- 8:00 a.m. at Irmo High School Stadium (W. C. Hawkins Stadium)
- Spring Hill High School Graduation - Friday, June 18:
- 7:00 p.m. at Irmo High School Stadium (W. C. Hawkins Stadium)
- Chapin High School Graduation – Saturday, June 19:
- 8:00 a.m. at Chapin High School Stadium (Cecil Woolbright Stadium)
- Dutch Fork High School Graduation – Saturday, June 19:
- 7:00 p.m. at Dutch Fork High School Stadium (Located in Irmo, SC)
Inclement weather plans will be announced closer to graduation dates and could include changes to dates, times and/or locations.
The district is planning to implement several safety measures in response to COVID-19, including mask requirements, limited seating/attendance and social distancing. While large event venues are currently planning to allow only two guests per graduate, the district plans to allow four guests per graduate as it did last year for in-person graduations at its stadiums.
Arrival time for students, parking guidelines, information about masks and other health requirements, and other details about graduation ceremonies will be shared with seniors and their families before graduations. Metal detectors will be used, law enforcement and safety officials will be present, and the district’s clear bag requirement will be enforced. The district will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and work with health officials to make adjustments to plans as needed.