International Academic Magnet
A District Issued Mobile Device will be distributed each year following each school’s District Issued Mobile Device Orientation. If a student elects to receive a District Issued Mobile Device:
• Parents must sign and return the District Issued Mobile Device Agreement and Acceptable Use Agreement (AUA) before the school can issue a District Issued Mobile device to a student. This can be done through the Registration Gateway portal or on a hard copy upon request from the school.
• A parent orientation will be made available and must be viewed by the parent or guardian. This orientation will be available on the district website and on the school website.
• Students will be issued a new device and accessories in 6th grade and will keep that device and accessories through the end of 8th grade, as long as they are a student in the district.
• Students will be issued a new device and accessories in 9th grade and will keep that device and accessories through the end of 12th grade, as long as they are enrolled in the district.
DISTRICT ISSUED MOBILE DEVICE DAMAGE OR LOSS
As with any piece of school property checked out to students, the students and their families are responsible for their assigned District Issued Mobile Device. Situations that result in a District Issued Mobile Device being damaged, destroyed, or stolen, will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Terms of the District Issued Mobile Device Agreement
Terms and conditions that apply to the usage of the District Issued Mobile Device are as follows:
• The district will cover parts and repairs for system-related issues or malfunctions of the device.
• The district will cover parts and repairs for ONE accidental damage, such as cracked screens, liquid damage, cosmetic damage, etc.
• The district will not cover intentional damage or damage due to negligence or loss.
• The district will not cover theft without a police report that clearly shows forced entry into a secured location.