International School for the Arts
This website has valuable information/forms regarding district provided Student/Athletic insurance, as well as options for parents to purchase additional optional insurance. Parents can also check on their claim status from this website - Bollinger School Insurance.
Why Is Student Accident Insurance More Important Than Ever?
Protecting the health and welfare of students is a concern that all school administrators (public K-12 school districts, diocese, nursery and daycare centers, etc.) face each and every day. Student Accident Insurance helps ease those concerns by providing benefits for injuries that occur during school hours and or school-sponsored and supervised activities (i.e., athletics, gym class, playground, field trips, JROTC, etc.).
With the increasing trend of high deductible plans, and more of the cost share shifting to the insured, Student Accident Coverage has become an even greater tool to bridge the coverage gaps that are inherent in most insurance plans.
Here are some key reasons why providing Student Accident Insurance coverage can help your school:
- Reduces or completely eliminates any out-of-pocket expenses not paid by primary coverage, including copays, deductibles, coinsurance, etc.
- Pays on a primary basis in the absence of other collectible coverage
- Helps decrease the type of claims submitted to the school's General Liability policy often resulting in reduced premiums
- Institutions may be eligible for General Liability premium discounts
- Shields schools from being sued as a result of student injuries
- Provides protection when parents do not have health insurance
- Helps foster a healthy learning environment