International School for the Arts
Degrees and Certifications:
World Languages Spanish
Mr. Ali Sifontes
August, 21/2019 School year 2019/2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome/Bienvenidos to Spanish class, I am delighted to have your children in my class this 2019-2020 school year! I am looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. I recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. I know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that I will do my very best to carry out my responsibilities. I ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
3) Reads/talks daily to develop a love for the language and to improve skills.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in life and go on to college and make a great impact in society.
I have extremely high expectations of all my students, and for that I will not apologize. I am asking for your help to maintain those expectations by checking with your son/daughter weekly to make sure that his/her work is being done. I am available to help students individually before school, during my prep periods, and after school. I have included a copy of the course syllabus with this letter. Finally, I want you to know that one of my most important goals this year is to keep the lines of communication open with you. I am available every day to talk with you between the hours specified in schedule. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 803-476-3092 or email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns during the year.