Where Children Are Cherished And Challenged
Rising 6th Grade RapRising 6th Grade Information VideoParent Night Presentation
CRIS School Counselors on SCETV's Carolina Classrooms on February 22, 2017, talking about College and Career Readiness and the CRIS Ambassadors club. Click here for the link to Carolina Classrooms.
CrossRoads Intermediate School will provide counseling services that contribute to efforts to cherish and challenge all students in order to promote success in academic, career and personal/social domains.
The mission of the CrossRoads Intermediate School counseling program is to support all facets of the educational envirocrossroadse cross roads of childhood and adolescence in academic, career and social/emotional development of sixth-grade students. The implementation of guidance and counseling activities and services is a result of a collaborative effort between home, school and community. The goal is to guide students in developing competencies and strengths to participate in a global society as responsible citizens.
The School Counselors of CrossRoads Intermediate School play an integral part in preparing students to reach their full potential in an ever-changing and diverse society.
CrossRoads Intermediate School Counselors believe…
All students have the ability to learn and be successful
All students have strengths and self-worth
School counseling activities and services are designed for all students
The Comprehensive School Counseling Program will…
- Reflect the developmental level of our students
- Be in alignment with the school’s overall education program
- Utilize data and student outcomes to guide program development
- Be a collaborative effort between home, school and community
- Encourage students to develop competencies in academic, career, personal/social domains to foster continuous learning
- Be in accordance with American School Counselor Association (ASCA) ethics and standards
Our counseling program emphasizes the following:
- Individual Counseling
- Character Education
- Career Development
- Decision-Making Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Study Skills
- Group Counseling
- Personal and Social Adjustment