Leadership Magnet & Montessori Magnet - Proud to be a Title I School
School Improvement Council (SIC)
Our School Improvement Council is composed of faculty, parents, and community members who are dedicated to making our school the very best.
The Corley School Improvement Council meets regularly throughout the year. Representatives include five elected parents, three elected teachers, two appointed parents and two appointed from the community. Parent elections are held during May of each year to fill slots of those whose two year terms expire.
Duties, as outlined by state law and board policy, are assisting the principal with preparation of the School Renewal Plan, planning the school budget, recommending school curriculum standards and establishing and evaluating instructional goals.
The School Improvement Council meets at 4:00 p.m. on the first Monday of each month. All meetings are open to the public and are held in the school's main conference room.
- Paul LoPresti - SiC Chair
- Daryl Frisk - SIC Vice Chair
- Ernest N. Irby, II - SiC Secretary
- Ja-Nae Epps
- Steven Johnson
- Katrinia McMichael
- Kenneth Baxter
- Steven Evans, Community Member
- Melissa Seabrooks, PTO President
- Denise Collins, Montessori Magnet Lead
- Ashley Congdon, Teacher Representative
- Lisa Knoche, Teacher Representative
- Jason Pollock, Principal, Ex-Offico
- Melanie Harris, Assistant Principal, Ex-Offico
- Julie Carothers, Administrative Assistant Principal, Ex-Offico