Home of the Heroes | Title 1 School
Harbison West Elementary PTO
PTO? What's that?
The HWES Parent Teacher Organization is a group of parents, teachers and administrators who work together to fulfill the needs of every student and faculty member. Moms, dads, grandparents...anyone who cares for a student at HWES is encouraged to participate in the PTO! The HWES PTO has no dues, meaning each HWES family is automatically a member!
Wondering what the PTO does? IN THE PAST YEAR THE PTO...
- Provided $500 for school improvement
- $2500 in homeroom supply giftcards
- $200 for individual grade level scholarships
- Supported clubs such as Cheerleading
- Hosted the Trick or Treat Trail, Movie Matinees, and the Friendship Dance
- Provided our wonderful teachers and staff with Teacher Appreciation meals
WITH YOUR HELP THIS YEAR, THE PTO HOPES TO...
- Continue the initiatives from the last school year PLUS
- Provide additional funds for school improvement
- Provide more opportunities for family interaction in our community
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Sign up for a volunteer opportunity! We have shifts as short as an hour and many tasks you can complete at home. Our events can only be successful with parental manpower! We know your time is valuable and appreciate our volunteers so much! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with your child's teacher to be added to our volunteer list.
We understand that not everyone has the ability to volunteer. An impactful way to support the PTO is through a monetary donation. 100% of your donation goes back to Harbison West Elementary. You may send a check addressed to HWES PTO along with your student. Thank you for your consideration.
President: Darlene (Dee) Granite
Co-Vice President: Brensen Ravenell
Co-Vice President: Nagliesha Miles
Treasurer: LaChandra Canty
Secretary: Sophia Roberts