MEDIA MAGNET - Collaborate, Communicate, Create
The mission of Seven Oaks Elementary MEDIA Magnet School is to foster learning in an interactive and digital environment where an engaging academic curriculum for success prepares students in a digital society.
- A school where students are engaged in interactive learning and integrating digital media.
- A school focused on rigorous State Standards to help ensure Seven Oaks students are prepared for college and career.
- A safe and nurturing environment that fosters a joy for learning.
- A sense of community with a mutually respectful and cooperative environment focused on positive behavior.
- A place where the entire community is actively involved and dedicated to the education and wellbeing of the whole child.
- Students are the primary focus of all decisions.
- Intentional instruction supports all aspects of the child.
- Excellence in learning is directly related to excellence in teaching.
- Students are successful learners when their teachers establish positive relationships.
- Communication and collaboration are essential to educating all learners.
These objectives are an expression of the desired, measurable end results for our students.
All students will benefit from an educational experience that involves a strong link between home and school.
- All students will experience daily a developmentally appropriate education enabling them to confidently achieve academic success.
- All students will exhibit appropriate behaviors, manners, and responsible citizenship.
- All students will acquire skills which prepare them for future learning.
- All students will develop an appreciation for the cultural differences that enrich a diverse community.
Strategies are the means used to achieve our objectives.
- We will continue to develop and implement educational programs that maximize student performance and provide consistency and continuity throughout the school.
- We will increase parental involvement and support.
- We will provide a safe, secure environment in exemplary facilities that are well maintained.
- The goal of our instructional program is to meet the individual needs of children and help them reach their full potential. To accomplish this, our effort is concentrated on providing students with a challenging curriculum based on world class standards.
- The school participates on both norm-referenced (Metropolitan Achievement Test) and criterion referenced (Basic Skills Assessment Program) testing in order to provide relevant data on a child's progress at school.
- In addition to standardized testing, student progress is monitored by the classroom teacher. Parents receive weekly updates by receiving student work each Tuesday. Students also receive a report card every nine weeks.
- As part of our effort to help students develop organizational skills, all students in grades two through five receive an assignment notebook and students in grade one receive a homework folder.