Career Pathways Magnet
WHY EXERCISE SCIENCE?
- Maintain an Active Lifestyle
- Help Others to Achieve Goals and Live Healthier Lives
- Choose From Multiple Career Paths
- Reach a Higher Level of Job Satisfaction
- Build a Better Community
EXERCISE SCIENCE ACADEMY DEAN
Mrs. Amy Brown
EXERCISE SCIENCE ACADEMY
Is an active lifestyle important to you? Are you interested in health and wellness? Helping others to live better and achieve their goals? Do you like science and biology? If so, the Exercise Science Academy could be the place for you.
Our unique learning environment is designed to strengthen interests in areas such as health and wellness, athletic training and rehabilitation, and health sciences. Infusion of exercise science topics in English, math, science and social studies, help you to make connections between the typical high school curriculum and your possible career path. You will have the opportunity to participate in a partnership with a local hospital, study Biomedical Sciences at The Center for Advanced Technical Studies and receive certifications in CPR and Personal Training.PROGRAM FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Extended learning opportunities through the University of South Carolina, the Center for Advanced Technical Studies, and local businesses and hospitals
- Individual planning and support to assist students in identifying their school of interest and selecting appropriate engineering course and related electives
- Customized fields of studies and industry partnered projects within each school of study
- Infusion of exercise science topics in English, Math, Science and Social Studies, helping students make connections between engineering and real-world applications of concepts
- Student elected board of advisors, acting as a liaison between the Engineering Academy students and the Academy Dean to help shape programs and activities.
- CPR Certification
- Rugby Club
- Fencing Club