Home of the Yellow Jackets
Phone: (803) 476-4200
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Special Education-Learning Disabilities Add-on certification in Elementary Education
Ms. Sam Isaacs
I am so excited to be your child's teacher! I want to tell you a little about myself. My name is Sam Isaacs and I am from Pickens, South Carolina. In my free time I enjoy running, hiking, and spending time with my family. I got engaged this past March to Ben, who is attending the Univeristy of South Carolina School of Law. This is my first year at Irmo Elementary and I am so excited to have your child in my class - Let's make this an incredible year!
5 Fast Facts about Ms. Isaacs:
1. I LOVE anything and everything Dr. Seuss!!!!
2. Dogs are by far my favorite animal on the planet.
3. My favorite food is strawberries.
4. I love anything pink!
5. Reading is my favorite subject to teach.
5 Fun and Interesting facts:
1. Q is the only letter that does not appear in any U.S. State name.
2. The longest English word is 189,819 letters long.
3. No number before 1,000 contains the letter "A".
4. Theodore Roosevelt was known for his interesting pets that included: a hyena, a one-legged rooster, a badger, a pony, and a small bear.
5. The hashtag symbol's technical name is octothorpe.
5 Lessons from Dr. Seuss:
1. Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
2. Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
3. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
4. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter and those who matter, don't mind.
5. Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.
"You're off to great places, today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so...get on your way!"